Wednesday 23 March 2011

Pizza Capers

Coincidentally, my second post is also going to be about pizzas.
It'd been long since I went out with a group friends, so we decided to head down to Katong as suggested by my friend. I must agree with her that Katong is a food paradise. As you walk down the entire stretch of Katong, all you see is food. We settled for the first food place that is halal (accommodating me)

I should say that the ambience wasn't too bad for a get together session. Pizza Capers had an appealing menu of variety of pizzas that is not provided by the common pizza outlets in Singapore. It has Margherita, Troppo, Bonanza and for vegetarians, The Vegetarian etc. They provide drinks in 1.5L (e.g that 1.5L of coke we get from convenient stores). I don't usually have carbonated drinks but then again we had to settle for a drink that everyone would drink and the choice of drinks was limited.




Now for the judgement, I would say it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. I think that they should work on their dough. It was flat and if they were going for a naan like pizza taste they should have made it doughy. It was too dry and hard. Besides the bad point, I think the topping was good. We ordered Salmon Affairs and Chicken Satay. The taste of the satay pizza was so strong(even though I think satays and pizzas just don't go together). Anyone could just tell that its satay at the first mouth. I preferred the salmon one. It was something different, fish and mayonnise always make a good combo! Overall, 5.5/10

226 East Coast Road 428923
Website: http://www.pizzacapers.com.sg/default.aspx

1 comment: