Wednesday 27 July 2011

Cafe Le Caire

I'm a fan of ancient architectural structures which makes Arab St all the more appealing! In fact, spent my birthday last yr with two different groups of people there. I've always had a thing for middle eastern food. One of the restaurants I've visited more than once would be Cafe Le Caire.  The fine-dining area which is located in the second floor has a typical homely yet romantic feel to it. As for the seesha corner, it gives off a cosy ambience with cracks on the wall and modest decorations with cushions, carpets and paintings. During my second visit there, we decided to choose the seesha corner for a change since we had already tried the dining place the other time. The room was dim lighted with soft middle eastern tune playing.

We ordered Foul with Harissa & Hummus as appetizers. Foul is fava beans and Harissa is made up of garlic paste, coriander, serrano peppers and red chilli powder. I can't take anything related to spicy and Harissa might leave your throat with a bit of hotness but its definitely nowhere near the word 'spicy'. Lastly, Hummus is chicken pea dip. These three different paste goes well with Naan.



Next up, main dishes!

1/2 Roast Spring Chicken
This dish can be shared by two people. The chicken was indeed freshly roasted, tender and juicy!
The combination of rice, chicken and sauce was perfect.

Shish Tawouké
This is my younger sister's dish. According to her, the chicken wasn't really that good as it wasn't her favorite part. Besides that, it was a pretty normal meal with rice.

Chicken Muhamaz
This is my dish! I think that my sister's dish's and my dish's chicken were not well cooked. Mine was hard and difficult to bite. 

Now for the side dish,


Feta Cheese Omelette
Omelette stuffed with feta cheese. Out of all the dishes I've ordered at this place, I love this! It was so good that I can't even describe it. I love how it fills my mouth with cheese yet a little of the egg taste!

Vedict: The ambience is good. This restaurant serves decent food, however, its a little expensive. I think it gets pretty annoying when its really crowded as the waiters run up and down since it two floors high. Personally, its a place that shouldn't be visited very often because you will get bored of it. 6.5/10

 42 Arab Street

No comments:

Post a Comment